She got a lot of things wrong.
A emergency room doctor in rural Ontario is getting slammed for a viral tweet in which she claimed weed edibles kill children.
On Friday, Merrilee Brown tweeted, “In ER last night I treated someone for a cannabis induced psychosis from cannabis ‘edibles’, in this case, a chocolate bar. She ate one piece of the 16 piece bar. That piece had 20g of THC equivalent to 20 joints! Edibles are often so concentrated that they can be fatal in kids.”
The statement has been retweeted more than 10,000 times, but many researchers and cannabis experts challenged Brown’s claims on a number of fronts. For one thing, there is no evidence that cannabis ingestion has ever killed anyone. For another, it doesn’t make sense that a single piece of the chocolate bar, which she said was a total of 225 grams, could contain 20 grams of THC. (THC doses in edibles are generally measured in milligrams.)
– Read the entire article at Vice.
Articles from http://cannabisculture.com