Sensible Sensimilla is a weekly series highlighting the most practical ways to live a carefree, fashionable stoner lifestyle. Part how-to guide, part way of life; fully sensible. This Sunday, Marijuana.com’s Suzy Nguyen gives step-by-step instructions on how to roll honey-dipped joints and blunts for a sweet Sunday treat.
Crafting a blunt can be a ritual if you can appreciate the finesse that goes into the roll. We break down the dank herbs, gut the wrap (if needed), then pack, tuck, and roll. And our smoke is ready. But have you ever wished the session would last just a little bit longer? We stumbled on a sweet hack that extends the life of your blunt and joint and paired it with the best-flavored wraps to keep your taste buds satisfied while the body absorbs the energy rising from the smoke.
For this project, we used:
- Honey Backwoods
- Diamond Swishers
- Raw cones
- Trip clear papers
- Orange blossom honey
- Lavender honey
- Avocado honey
- Organic blue agave
- Wax paper
To begin this experiment, start by rolling a few blunts and joints. We’ve rolled a Honey Backwoods, Calypso Cream Swisher, and Trip clear joint, as well as a Raw cone, and paired them each with different flavored honey. Be sure to tightly pack and roll your weed so the wrap and papers don’t absorb the nectar, because nothing ruins a sesh faster than a soggy blunt.
Honey Backwoods + Orange Blossom Honey
- Set up your station by laying out wax paper on a flat surface.
- Take the Honey Backwoods and place it on the wax paper.
- Take the orange blossom honey and squeeze a half-dollar size of honey on the wax paper.
- Hold the Backwoods in your hand, and using the back of the spoon, graze the honey. Start roughly a quarter-inch, or about two-thirds of a centimeter, below the sparking end of the blunt, so it gets some burn time before it hits the honey. Then spread a thin coat of honey down to three-quarters of the ‘Woods. Avoid getting honey on the mouthpiece end so your lips won’t take off chunks of the wrap.
- Set it back on the wax paper. Once the Backwoods is dry, fire it up and enjoy!
Orange blossom honey has antioxidants with anti-inflammatory, anti-allergy, and immunity-supporting effects in the body, and it accentuates the aromatic essence of the Honey Backwoods. The smell of the wrap, along with the sweet citrus taste, filters the smoky stench and leaves a fragrant trail after every hit.
Diamond Swishers + Avocado Honey
- Just like the Backwoods preparation, set up your station by laying out wax paper on a flat surface.
- Coat the wrap over the wax paper using the back of the spoon.
- Apply a thicker coat over the Swisher wrap. Unlike the Backwoods, the cigarillo wrap can absorb a heavier coating of honey because of its sturdier surface.
Swishers are good on their own, but for some extra pizzazz and a slower burn, we applied avocado honey to a Diamond Swisher. This darker-hued nectar is commonly used as an ingredient in salad dressings, and has a rich buttery taste that tones down the smoke from the blunt.
Avocado honey is rich with antioxidants and its viscosity allows it to be used to fix an uneven burn or a canoe.
Raw Cones + Lavender Honey
- For this type of paper, we apply a different technique. Instead of spreading the honey with a spoon, coat the joint with by smoothing the lavender honey with our finger to avoid the paper tearing or getting stuck.
- Squeeze a dime-sized amount of honey onto the wax paper, then swipe a thin layer onto your index finger.
- Hold the joint in one hand over the wax paper and use your finger to distribute the honey up to the filter.
Raw cones are a fast and easy way to pack your weed. The cones are great for cannabis consumers who are looking for a quick and efficient way to roll flower or for those who aren’t quite as confident in their blunt rolling skills. Lavender honey enhances the Raw cone by adding an aromatic essence to the bed of greens.
Lavender honey is rich in tyrosine which has been said to treat depression, anxiety, and chronic fatigue among many other things. The aroma of the lavender blends with the herbs leaving a diffused trail of sweet floral flavors.
Trip Joint + Agave
- Like the Raw cone, coat the joint with by smoothing the lavender honey with our finger to avoid the paper tearing or getting stuck.
- Squeeze a dime-sized dot of agave, then press your finger against the joint to spread the agave. Be sure to avoid the mouthpiece end of the joint.
- For this nifty hack to work, you must roll the joint as tightly as possible so the cellulose paper doesn’t stick and disintegrate when the agave makes contact.
These translucent rolling papers are made from cellulose, a naturally occurring polymer produced in plants’ cell walls. The papers are made from cotton mallow, thin, and have no gum, so you can pack as much or little weed and seal it up.
Blue agave is known to contain several compounds such as saponins, which can help lower overall cholesterol levels. It is also a lower-glycemic index food, vegan-friendly, and an alternative to granulated sugar. This hack is a perfect loophole for herbivores with dietary restrictions.
Now you have a fresh line up of freshly rolled herbs, so what are you waiting for? Enjoy your sweet Sunday smoke sesh and let us know which nectar gives you the sweetest smoke.