Among the bills signed into law:
- AB 1793 allows adults convicted of cannabis-related offenses that are no longer considered illegal to have them automatically removed from their records.
- SB 1294 creates equity provisions that will allow cannabis business licensees who qualify to get access to low- or no-interest loans and grants.
- AB 2215 requires the Veterinary Medical Board to establish guidelines for licensed veterinarians to discuss the use of cannabis on animals.
- AB 2020 allows cannabis to be sold and consumed at special events.
Unfortunately, Gov. Brown vetoed several important bills:
- SB 1127 would allow medical cannabis to be administered on school property for registered patients.
- SB 829 would exempt cannabis from taxes when donated free of charge to dispensaries for their low-income patients.
- SB 1863 would allow licensed cannabis companies to deduct standard business expenses under the state’s personal income tax.
Cannabis policy made big strides this year, but there is more to do. Please forward this message to family, friends, and allies in California!
Articles from http://blog.mpp.org